Kathmandu, Nepal Private Company
Stonestep is a growing insurtech company which provides new security to mass- and micro- customers via partners like mobile operators, mobile money providers, retailers, and others. Stonestep’s management team is located across multiple time zones and is launching with diverse partners across the South East Asia region.
Senior Java Developer (3 Vacancy)
- Offered salary:
- Job Level: Mid
- Job Type: Full time
- Gender: Any
- Age: Any
- Academic Degree: Bachelor
- Experience: 5
- Apply Till: 28 Aug, 2019 11:59:59 PM
[10 day(s) left]
- Job Location: Kathmandu,Sahabhagita Marga, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
ABOUT THE ROLE
Stonestep is a growing insurtech company which provides new security to mass- and micro- customers via partners like mobile operators, mobile money providers, retailers, and others. Stonestep’s management team is located across multiple time zones and is launching with diverse partners across the South East Asia region. We are looking for a Senior Java Developer.
This role reports to Lead Solution Architect and Project Manager in Nepal. The role is responsible for the development, maintenance of applications and their integration with back-end services. It consists of building new features, implements a whole new design, and work closely with the team.
Enthusiasm and drive for crafting a great user experience is a must. The role requires a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and creating quality products is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Design and build advanced applications for the platform
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Analyze data on user needs and hardware constraints to determine the feasibility of various designs
- Collaborate with the development team to determine design specifications or details
- Modify software programs to improve performance throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Recommend software upgrades for programs and systems if necessary, and analyze software requirements and user needs to determine whether the system design is feasible and can be completed within time and budget constraints
- Collaborate and gather information on project capabilities and limitations, interface and performance requirements to create optimum software
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using mathematical models and scientific analysis to predict and measure possible outcomes
- Store, retrieve and manipulate data to understand system capabilities and requirements
- Direct software system testing, validation procedures, application and system documentation and programming to ensure normal program functioning
- Manage the work of related team members, and provide instruction on writing software code as needed
- Coordinate software installation and monitor equipment to confirm specifications have been met.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 5 to 7 years experience - Proficient in Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Web Stack, HTML5/JS/CSS, Unit testing, Apache Ant, Apache Maven, Apache Tomcat, MySQL Database.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Experience working with Java Lamda future.
- Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc).
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC).
- Good hands-on experience in PHP Yii framework.
- Must have good knowledge of using open source frameworks in Java and Python.
- Hand-on experience of XML and related technologies is a must.
- Should be Sun Certified Java Programmer.
- Experience in Android frameworks such as ReactiveX, Realm, Retrofit, Butterknife, Android Data Binding, Crashlytics.
- Experience in Payment frameworks such as Braintree, Stripe.
- Experience in Image loaders such as Picasso, Fresco.
- Experience in Rapid MQ.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ or more years of relevant work experience in development for Android
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on stakeholder management, and product development
- Fluent English, written and spoken, required (Nepali is a strong advantage)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration with the possibility of a contract extension
- Unique business opportunity with high growth potential
- Be part of a motivated team with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Impact the future of the company in Nepal and globally
- Dynamic working environment
- Working hours from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday
All interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 15, 2019
The deadline to apply for the above job is till 28 Aug, 2019 11:59:59 PM
If this sounds appealing to you, we’d love to have you join us! Send us your updated resume, with work samples describing why you’re the best fit for this role.
You can send your application to email@example.com
- For already registered users: Login to www.growthsellers.com with your user name and password.
- For new users: Create A New Jobseeker Account.
- Edit your profile (sections: Personal, Education, General, Training, Other Information etc.).
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ button on this page.
- Check ‘Jobs I’ve applied to’ in the control panel of your profile to confirm your application status. If you have successfully applied, the job position and the organization name will be displayed in the list with the status of application sent.
All candidates are expected to be proficient in written/spoken English and Nepali and be computer literate with a working knowledge of office applications. For the position(s) mentioned above, candidates are expected to have a smart personality, pleasant and cheerful nature with excellent interpersonal skill coupled with a desire to excel and having a positive attitude.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process(es).The organization reserve the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.