The Database Officer will work under the overall direction and supervision of the Project Manager and DBA performing the below duties:
1. Data Management:
- Determine the primary data and information elements that are required internally and externally to support the project Manage databases, spreadsheets and other data tools
- Understand, document, and ensure the quality of high-value data for accuracy, consistency and comparability
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Propose and implement upgrades to the database webpage, data entry and data storing systems
- Contribute new ideas for improving the design and the data engine, quality and timeliness of current issues. Develop ways of communicating messages and
- transforming it into web based products.
2. Data Analysis:
- Act as a focal point/central instrument for the collection, analysis and dissemination of information relevant to the project activities.
- Organize, design and carry out the evaluation and analysis of datasets related to the project
- Develop data standards and advise on the application of these.
- Participate in the development, implementation and management of new indicators
- Understand, document and ensure the quality of high-value data for accuracy, consistency and comparability
- Support the project manager with producing reporting templates and procedures as well as reports, such as situation reports and briefing papers for clients.
- Revise the method of correspondence and communication between data management staff and external stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management or related field.
- 1 year of experience in managing database (Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL) under server environment including installation, backup, debugging would be an asset.
- Experience in writing and maintaining database design documentation and operating manual would be an asset.
- Experience in training or assisting personnel in the use of database management and different software is desirable.
- Provide training on data collection and input, information systems and standards to colleagues, which may include visit of field offices to provide training and
- technical support as well as online training
- Provide maintenance and end user technical support in issues relating to the database use and administration, including trouble-shooting for data entry and access to the existing database